Monday, June 8, 2009

Doubly Good at Kmart

So, I heard that the Kmart in Winona was honoring the double coupon thing that is happening in La Crosse. Sweeet! I can save my gas money. Against my better judgement I packed up the boys for a trip to Kame-apart. My mom met us there along with my nephew and sister-in-law. After about 39 scoldings in 8 seconds, my mom very graciously took the boys over to Midtown (in the rain) to have a little snack. (The Kmart snack shop is closed.)

After much scurrying and envelope rummaging I left with some pretty good deals:

69 cent St. Ives Apricot Scrub
50 cent Pringles
A buck for Kids Suave Body Wash
Made .71 on Oust air freshener ($3.29 minus a doubled 2 dollar coupon.

Obviously, there is a little tax to figure in but even with that these are stellar deals.

I took another trip there in the evening. I got 8 boxes of cereal and 1 box of Pop Tarts (I have to hide these from the boys so I can eat them all myself) for 6 dollars and 90 cents. Oh yeah! The boys can fight over the 14 cent box of Cocoa Krispies I bought. I never buy cruddy cereal but c'mon, 14 cents!? I couldn't resist. I'll make them brush their teeth after they eat it.