Thursday, July 16, 2009

You Rack 'Em, We'll Stack 'Em...

Last night I purchased 2 boxes of 40ct Electrasol/Finish Gelpacs for the dishwasher. They were on sale at Target for $3.50 each. I had 2 coupons for $2.50 off. I also got Pantene shampoo. It was on sale for $3.33. I had a Target coupon for 2 bucks off and a manufacturer's coupon for 2 bucks off. My total cost with tax was $1.88. Cameron's girlfriend Stephanie gave us a an extra Target coupon book she got in the mail so that's where I got the Pantene coupon. Why didn't we get one in Winona, you ask? Well, could be because Steph lives in Wisconsin... not sure.

Today's lesson: Stacking coupons is a huge money saver. Wait, here's another lesson: Overages are also good for the pocketbook.

Stacking: Using a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon on one item.
Overages: Getting money off the rest of your sale by using coupons that are worth more than the cost of the product, e.g. 4 bucks in coupons on the shampoo that only cost $3.33 saved me more money on my Electrasol.

Phew, that's enough for tonight.