Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Birthdays... Finally!

Celebrating with Gramsie & Gramps. I think Cam liked his present. 

I think when my three sons were little and maybe even before they were born, I declared strongly, "My sons will not have guns!" Buuuuuuuuut, then you notice your sons are making guns out of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and paper and grass and toilet paper, soooooooo, my sons have guns.

November 5th is Uncle Timmy's birthday, November 6th is Coop's birthday and November 7th is Cam's birthday. Fortunately, everyone is happy to share a party and a cake. Although it is fun to celebrate with Tim, it sometimes leads to uncomfortable conversations. I have to explain why Tim is at the party but his wife and kids are not. And explain why Uncle Tim lives with Gramsie and Gramps instead of his wife and kids. Divorce and addiction are horrible life-sucking beasts that ripple way out.  Way, way, out.