Monday, October 1, 2012

Jefferson Family Fitness Challenge

On Saturday morning, we had the sheer pleasure of participating in the Family Fitness Challenge at Jefferson School. I cannot say enough about how much fun we had as a family and with the rest of the families who were in attendance. It was a perfect morning for exercising and chatting. (The chatting was mostly in the form of "bee-essing".) It was so fantastic to see so many WSU students helping out. It makes me proud to be a Warrior. The college students are a great gift to our community. After an opening ceremony that could only be topped by the London Olympics, we  completed 10 or so events in 75 minutes. Here are a few highlights.
 
 
Cam wanted to try the 3-legged race with his biggest brother.
 

 
Cam couldn't quite get the hang of it which made Coop a little impatient. Hey, if you can't beat 'em, pick 'em up and carry 'em.

 
Cam is, however, a whiz at hula hooping.


The running was brutal. Okay, maybe just for me. We realized Kyle is getting to be quite the sprinter. I have no chance of beating him in a race unless I push him down (I've done that) and Corey actually has to put forth some effort in order to beat him. This is extremely difficult for me to wrap my head around since I am a wee bit competitive. Just a wee bit.