Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 40

Wednesday. Hump Day. Can we get over the hump? I think so. Kyle and I have some clashes in the early morning hours before we go to the bus stop. Not every day but some days. Today he shut his alarm off and fell back to sleep. Oops. I didn't wake him up. Cooper was concerned about his brother getting to school so I told him to go wake him up but charge him a dollar. Cooper smiled. I think he liked that idea. Kyle and his weary self came into the kitchen to check the time. 15 minutes behind schedule. Yikes. I believe it's good to learn these lessons now when they don't really matter. I didn't even yell.

Okay, I did yell later about a missing coat. I knew where it was but Kyle didn't. This is a mom thing, right? I told him where it was but he insisted it wasn't there so I yelled really loud and made a mean face. It's not really a nice way to start the day - for anyone. On the way to the bus stop we didn't talk about it but I gave him a big side squeeze and told him I loved him. I'll try not to yell tomorrow.


Day 40 Life Lesson: Yelling hurts the ears and the heart.