Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 59

Tryptophan coma. I'm just coming out of it. For all my friends who have trouble sleeping: Eat turkey before you go to bed. It's a tasty sedative.


I told Corey that we would have the tree put up before he returned on Thursday night. I don't put the tree up. Ever. I leave the house and when I get back it's all done. Every year. That's how it happens and I love that. Not this year. This year I wanted to do it. So do it I shall, with the trusty help of son #3.


 Apparently, every male has an ingrained need to check the oil. Even if it's not a vehicle you are checking. Cam made it clear that he was definitely checking the oil. Who am I to argue?

We had a slight light debacle that started with 6 strings of lights in a Target bag. They weren't new. They were from last year's hanging. After 6 hours of untangling we ended up with 3 working strings of lights. Okay, but it FELT like 6 hours. Thanks for interrupting the madness, Snaps. It was great to see you. (Little i, big O, little s, 5) You can do it!

My mom had blankets that she asked the boys to drop off at the bank for their annual blanket and bear drive. The boys wanted to wear their festive hats about town so they looked pretty spiffy for this photo op. The bank lady even took a picture of them. Corey and I try to openly and purposefully give so the boys can see that modeled. My mom is a wonderful example for them, as well.



Cam finally wrapped up Tap & Jazz class tonight. It was hilarious. He had not one iota of concentration and focus in him. I think the young lady instructing actually gently grabbed his head at one point to turn his eyes toward her.

So, as you can see, we are definitely getting in the Christmas spirit. This is the last blog entry I will compose with a 6 year old in the house (well, until next year.) Wow!

Day 59 Life Lesson: Time flies... except when you are untangling Christmas lights.