Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 60


I had a super fun time celebrating Kyle's birthday with him at school. Gramsie read Rumble in the Jungle to his class to start off the fun. And to all of the parents who think they have to celebrate with sugar and processed crap, I am here to report first-hand that kids do not need junk food when celebrating a birthday. My mom and I brought bananas, pretzels, cheese and apples and the kids ate like they lived in a third world country.


Kyle was the official page turner during story listening time. It's a very important job. When you hear the chime, turn the page. Yikes, that's a lot of pressure. My heart was pounding in anticipation hoping he wouldn't blow it. Okay, not really.

Kyle has the most welcoming teacher I have ever met. Mrs. G. is great at letting parents come in to the classroom to observe, help, cut, play football or just sit and drink coffee. This kind of freedom is ideal for a stalker parent like myself. I can walk into their space and not feel like I am intruding.

Admittedly, Kyle gets the short end of the stick when it comes to birthdays. I didn't even put a birthday sign on the wall. Oops. For this reason, I tend to go a little overboard with his gift. And when I say "I", I mean "me" not "we" as in me and Corey. Corey has no clue what to get our three sons, where to get it, when it needs to be ready, etc... you get the idea. As long as I don't involve him he is happy. So, Cooper got a much desired three ring binder for his birthday. I actually think he got teary-eyed. Kyle got a Razor Powerwing Scooter. I got stampeded at midnight on black friday and knocked in the head with a Barbie Ride-On Four Wheeler for that baby. 3 dollar gift... 49 dollar gift. Hmmm... I wonder how long I can get away with that?

Day 60 Life Lesson: No present is worth getting stampeded for, even if it's a three ring binder.