Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 61

Wow, day 61. SIXTY ONE! It's December. DECEMBER!

December 21st is a big day if you struggle with the lack of light during the day which is just about everyone in the Midwest, right? The winter solstice. Woohoo. The light at the end of the tunnel or at least it feels like it. By this time of the winter I normally have a deep groove embedded in the couch. I can be found with my nose smashed against my light box. I can be found on my knees, begging God to fix my brain. Not this year or at least not today. And I will take all the good days I can and thank God for them.



"A Silent Night for Peef" was the first book on the pile of Christmas books this year. It is an annual favorite written and illustrated by Minnesotans. Before I can start the boys run and get their Peefs and then listen intently while "peefing" annoyingly through the whole story. This autographed copy was a gift from the Devine Ones. We are so grateful for this special gift that we get to enjoy every year. Thanks, friends.

Get well soon, E.G.. Ky misses your mommy.

Day 61 Life Lesson: "It's knowing who you are, and being where you ought to be, and doing what you ought to do... and you gave that to me."