Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend Part Two

The boys stayed overnight at my parent's house so my dad, Corey and me could go early morning fishing. We went out around 7am on Monday morning hoping to catch some big bass like my dad caught the previous morning. Well, needless to say, it was quiet and peaceful, no whining, no complaining (okay, maybe a little) and also no big fish. Bummer! Except for the gnats, it was a really nice 4 hours of solitude. Maybe next time.

After that, I was in desperate need of a long nap. I didn't get anything but a crink in my neck. Is that a word, "crink", maybe it's crick. Anyway, Corey was stuck making the potluck hot dish made famous in Minnesota. We needed it for a gathering later in the day. The boys hung out doing their usual lego and car activities.






We ventured off to a super fun party Monday night. Coop and Cam had a blast hanging on for dear life in the back of a four-wheeler and I had a nervous breakdown watching. Kyle passed on the riding. Mike and Laurie have a vineyard on their property so it was very educational to get a tour. Grapes can be very interesting. Who knew? I hung out with a bunch of strangers who turned out to be a bit drunk and slap happy. The evening ended with amazing backyard fireworks. Very impressive, Mike! The boys want to go back again - today.