Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best. Days. Ever...

My first born son has had a pretty spectacular couple of days. On Monday, his class went on a field trip that involved geocaching, an encounter with a snake (eeks) and culminated with a boat ride on the mighty Mississippi. So bummed I missed it!


On Tuesday, he toured the Middle School (double eeks) for the first time. He can't stop talking about the Media Center - "it's huge." He also tells me that there is a North gym which is two times bigger than the Jefferson School gymnasium and a South Gym which is two times bigger than the North gym making the South Gym four times bigger than the Jefferson Gym. Ok, whatever.

Anyway, I had to introduce him to my fellow WSU Warrior, Lisa, who is a counselor at the Middle School. When Coop told me that he met a counselor who was really tall I told him it couldn't be Mrs. Mullen (she's like four feet eleven) but I forgot that when you are young everybody seems tall.

My son is going to the Middle School. I'm not gonna cry. I'm not gonna cry. I'm not gonna cry. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna cry.


Today's Life Lesson: Just get on the boat, man. Get on the boat!