Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3 Dollars Off With Our Apologies

Cam and I took a trip to Target this morning. He loves Target because I always cave in and buy him a "blue drink". All the way to the store he asks," I have boo drink mommy, I have boo drink at Walgeens mommy?" I don't even bother reminding him for the 400th tima that it's TARGET, not Walgreens.

After getting him settled with his icee and fruit snacks (this is not a proud parenting moment) we head to the mayo aisle. It really doesn't get much better than this, does it? Oh, well. I pick up what I came for, resist what I didn't and reluctantly buy a full price bike helmet that Cam wears all the way to the checkout. He's worth full price, right?

We go through the checkout but I can't pay attention to the ring ups because of helmet head. So, I pray everything was calculated correctly and hit the road. As I am buckling Cam in (with his helmet on) I am ignoring the onlooker who seems to be concerned that the boy needs a helmet to ride with me.

On the way home I realize the receipt is all wrong - @#$#%$. I am trying to figure out when I am going to get back there to have them reimburse me when I hear yelling from helmet head,"Kyle school back dare mommy. Back dare mommy" Oops, I forgot to pick up Kyle.

When Corey gets home for lunch, I take off for Target. I think my whole profit will be going to Kwik Trip to pay for gas but by golly I am going to get my 37 cents. By the time I get there, I realize they owe me 6 dollars and 40 cents. It takes two ladies to help me, okay they are barely ladies, more like girls, but they are very sweet. LaVerne and Shirley (names have been changed to protect the guilty) can't figure out how they are going to redo my receipt. LaVerne (or maybe Shirley) pulls a $3 coupon out of the drawer but is still flustered. I said, "If you give me one more of those we'll call it good." She was extremely relieved. So was I. On the way out the door I noticed the coupons read, "$3 off with our apologies." Apology accepted.

By the way, here's what I got by using coupons and buying sale-priced items:
14.5oz Ritz Crackers - 54 cents
Quaker Granola Bites (7 pack) - $1.34
Toddler Helmet - $13.69
Kraft Ranch Dressing - 50 cents
Kraft Ranch Dressing - 50 cents
18oz Kraft Mayo w/Olive Oil - 25 cents
18oz Kraft Mayo w/Olive Oil - 25 cents
Morningstar Chicken Nuggets - $2.34 (not on sale - dumb for buying these)
Morningstar Chicken Nuggets - $2.34 (again, dumb, but I had a $2 off 2 coupon, I get excited when I have a coupon)

Subtotal - 37 dollars and some change
Total after coupons - $25.50 (remember they mis-charged me so this is actually wrong)
Used a $5 Target GC - $20.50
Went back to get reimbursed - $6.00 (they actualy owed me 6.37)
Total spent - $14.50

Again I say, apology accepted.