Tuesday, May 12, 2009

9 Cent Soup

One of the coolest couponing sites is specifically for Walgreens - I Heart Wags. It has inspired me to see just how little I can spend on as much as possible.

Check this out. A couple weeks ago I go into Walgreens with 19 bucks. I never have cash but this is my new way of shopping so that I don't overspend. I buy a bunch of stuff that's on special, highlighted by 9 cent cans of Campbells Tomato Soup. The total: 23 dollars and 58 cents. Holy messy diaper! I'm not going to have enough money. So the nice checkout lady starts punching in my coupons oblivious to the fact that I am nervously searching pockets I don't have for more money when she tells me the total. 18 dollars and 90 cents. Oh yeah, baby!

BUT, the story doesn't end there. I am so excited by these 9 cent cans of soup that I go out to my van and start digging for change. I scrounge up a few more cents and go back into the store. I buy four more cans of soup - 36 cents - and end up with 4 cents in my pocket. 4 cents people. Life is good.