Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The REAL Queen of Target

So I started this blog as a private family journal but as you can see from my last post it didn't really take off. However, I have recently been inspired to take the paddles to it and give it a new life. About 6 weeks ago, I attended a class that literally has changed my family's life. The Coupon Queen of Winona, Nikki, was giving one of her now famous classes on couponing. Between sick kids and a traveling husband I somehow managed to make it to the class at the last minute. I think that was the night the boys had wheat thins and beef sticks for supper on the way to class.

Well, that's how it all started and after almost a month of focusing on Nikki's strategy which is the original brainchild of The Coupon Mom, Stephanie Nelson, I am saving tons of money. This translates to more money to spend on me. I love that part.

Now, about the title of this entry. I recently visited a website called Attention Target Shoppers. The author, Ginger, calls herself the "Queen of Target." I don't know much about her but from my experience the REAL Queen of Target is my mom, Sharon, and I hope to one day take over her throne but for now I am content being princess.