Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crackers & Coffee: A Lesson Learned

Last night I bought a bunch of stuff at Target, mostly really expensive diapers, but I did manage to put my hands on a few deals that helped ease the pain of diaper-buying.

Let's see, a 16oz box of Ritz crackers for 54¢. The sale price was $2.54, I used a manufacturer's coupon for $1 and a Target Web Coupon for $1. Sweet!

I have a General Foods(GF) International Coffee addiction so I was thrilled to see GF coupons when I searched through coupons.com yesterday. I bought 6 cans of coffee, you know, those little cute ones that should be good for all kinds of other things after the coffee is gone. They weren't on sale, sometimes they are 20¢ off, so I should have kept my money but sometimes I get so excited when I have coupons. I had $3.50 in coupons (enough to discount 6 cans) and they were $2.89/can (they ended up being about $2.30/can)so I feel like I got a good deal on my drug of choice but certainly I could have done better.

Today's lesson, from Winona's Coupon Queen, Nikki, "just because you have a coupon doesn't mean you should use it." Lesson learned.