Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 82

I wonder if it really is the 82nd day of school.

I have been on my own with the boys since Thursday morning. Corey is gone fishin'. I stress FISHING. There is a reason they don't call it CATCHING.


We have had lots of tasks to do related to our new house. It's very exciting but sometimes the boys just get tired of all the running around. They were super great sports on Friday and helped me get all kinds of items at Menards, including a giant vanity top which will be for their bathroom. The vanity top is normally $260, I almost bought it yesterday when I saw it for $169 but the Crazy Days Sale today put it at $99. Suh-weet!

Cameron had his first Speech Therapy appointment today. I am very confident he will be able to "lood doh bad habit and talk better loon."

Coop came home today and announced very crabbily that they ran out of hot lunch at school and he had a cheese stick. 7 other kids also had their choice of pretzels, canned peaches and cheese sticks. Hmmm, 4th time this school year. I am on a mission to let everyone and their mother know that this is happening. I sent emails and made phone calls to people I hope can help. It is a definitely possibility that I am about to get a red "x" by my name but I don't care. I look forward to the replies I may or may not get from the principal, the nutrition director, the food service director and the superintendent. Yeah, that x is definitely coming.

Day 82 Life Lesson: If at first you don't succeed, cry, cry, again. Uh, I mean, TRY, try, again.

P.S. Thanks for breakfast, Snaps.