Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 87... I think

So, this is a very, very brief synopsis of the last week. I really should be packing boxes and putting them into the van but for posterity I will work on this blog. There could be a little peer pressure coming in to play, as well. You know who you are.



We have spent a lot of time at Menards in the past few weeks so to make it interesting I have to let the boys play hide and seek in the light fixture section and sit on the ATVs. They also like to watch the paint shaking away in the paint can blender. They even made a new friend, Christian, who works behind the paint counter.



These are my handy dandy milk jug carriers. We were a little giddy after a long day and got a little silly.




On Saturday night, we had to attend the Chamber Banquet as guests of Benchmark. I was really dreading going but had a fantastic evening dining with Corey's really fun colleagues (and their wives) and spending one last night with my parents before they left for the winter AND reconnecting with lots of old friends I hadn't seen in ages. My Virtual School friend, BW, and I had a lively conversation about our days working together. It was so great to see everyone. I am glad I had Corey take a photo with BW even though I look 6 months pregnant.




Before I went to the dinner, I had some assistance from my fashion assistant, Snaps. No, not Cameron, although you might think that from the picture. Snaps ladied me up with some bling and a jackety thing that makes my girls look huge (I love that) and also a little fancy purse thing with a long, annoying chain. Apparently, a waist pack wouldn't be appropriate for such an event. I wasn't allowed to wear my moon boots, either. Come on!

Now, about Cameron. As I was getting some fashion tips he started digging through my jewelry box and before I knew it Cooper had dressed him in a tank top and accessorized him. Wow! Talk about freakin' out your husband (and father-in-law). Corey could not deal with it. I finally had to tell him to get over it. I just love the bruised legs and white socks.

Lessons Learned While Working on a House:
It's all about your perspective.
Things look better in the light.
Watch your step.
It's only paint.