Friday, June 8, 2012

Cry Fest Part 1

Well, it's time to get on with it, I suppose. That wonderfully exciting, yet horribly sad time of the year when we say goodbye to so many amazing people that we have grown to love and cherish. This year was particularly difficult with so many goodbyes that won't become hellos in the fall. Cameron ended the Hancock family's 7 year run at Redeemer Preschool.


On the surface, this appears to be a picture of Cam with his friend, Alex, however, I must confess that Alex is really MY friend. Would it be weird to cut Cam out and photoshop myself in? Yeah, you're right. I had the honor of subbing in the classroom several times this year and I'm sorry, Corey, but I have a new love. When Alex blurts out, "Mrs. Hancock will you play wif me?" my heart melts like a Hershey's kiss in the Sahara. In fact, Alex's mom told me that he has two loves, Jillian and Mrs. Hancock. At his home, he talks about me all the time. Ah, to be so loved and adored. I will miss you immensely, little friend.



We had the great honor of learning from the founder, Mrs. Flesch, who died a few years ago. She was an amazing lady and I miss her very much. While several teachers have come and gone, Mrs. Norton has been at the preschool every year that the boys have been there and we are so grateful for her love and care. Although I will miss seeing Mrs. Norton every day, I am excited that I will get to see her on the golf course on Thursday nights. Thank you for giving my three sons a solid educational foundation and a love for learning. We will miss you dearly.