Friday, June 8, 2012

One last goodbye...

And our final goodbye was at Goodview School. It was tough, I must say. Because it is an open school (no walls), GV School has an environment that fosters friendships. I have made many. From the secretary to the para-profs to the school janitor. So many wonderful people. GV School was a part of my life back in the early 90s so I was thrilled that my own sons would call GV their school. Until now. We have moved to a new home, in a new neighborhood and Kyle will be heading off to a new school to make new friends.

Kyle leaving his friends makes me very sad. I know he will be okay but I also know that he will miss his best buddy, Jayden, a whole lot. Kyle and Jayden looked out for each other in a really sweet kind of way. See you at the Middle School, Jayden. 

 Kyle's teacher Mrs. Gilliland (formerly known as Stephanie until she became Kyle's teacher) has been a great fit for Kyle this year. He has had a fantastic year and under Mrs. G.'s tutelage has blossomed both academically and socially. We have known Mrs. G. for a few years now but only as Stephanie so it was pretty weird for Kyle to be all official with her. I think he handled it very well. I, personally, will miss the communication with Mrs. G. and weekly tidbits and anecdotes regarding Kyle's behavior. She has blessed Kyle and our family and we are grateful to call her not only teacher, but friend, as well. Hoping for a few sightings next year at Jeff. Thank you, Mrs. G.,  For being a teacher.


 It was sad to say goodbye to V, Kyle's classmate and cousin. My cousin Rog is moving his family to Arizona and it will be hard not to see them on a regular basis. We love you all and will miss you very much. Please come back and visit.

How can I say goodbye to GV without an adios to my buddies Zane and Mrs. K.? Coop and Zane are in the same grade and we have gotten to be good buds over the years. Zane's crazy para is Mrs. K. I will miss picking on you both and laughing and joking and just being silly with you. You always make me smile. Thank you for sharing yourselves with me. I will miss you both dearly.

I know sliding into 2nd grade is scary, Kyle, but you will be okay. Goodbye GV School, thanks for the memories.