Friday, June 8, 2012

Future Hall of Famer?


At catcher, Number 7, playing for the Rollingstone Rox, Kyyyyyyllllllle Hannnnnncock! (Crowd roars)


Is he cute or what?!

Yesterday afternoon after golfing I raced off to Ridgeway to watch the Rox. Golfing with my BFF is definitely in the top 3 of my favorite things to do but watching Kyle play baseball is very close behind. Kyle has a great enthusiasm for the game of baseball. I mean, how could anyone possibly be happy wearing all that catcher's gear in the heat and humidity of a Minnesota summer evening?

During the game, Kyle gives us all a thumbs up... Before he bats, while standing on 1st base, while playing defense and even while catching behind the plate. That's our secret signal Kyle gives us to let us know that life is really good. (Not so secret any more.) I'm really surprised I don't have a photo to prove it. Next time. Although Kyle has learned a ton about baseball this past month, we realized he still has a few basics to learn when he got in the van after the last game and announced excitedly, "The kid before me got out last this game so I get to be up first the next game!" Oh, well. Anyway, he is a joy to watch and I selfishly hope he plays baseball for a really long time. Stick around Coach Smith...