Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Break Day 37

I used my iPhone for this shot. This hawk likes to hang out on this post guarding traffic.





The day was filled with painting. My mom's friend Shirley, a most amazing artist, shared some tips and cool painting supplies with my three sons and my niece and nephew. The kids had a super fun time being Picasso-like. The pieces they painted were beautiful.


Coop had a busy day of painting, photography class and karate. Poor kid was exhausted by the end of the day and so was the mom. We were all in bed by 8:30, leaving Corey to some peace and quiet and total control of the remote.


Golfing is normally a sweet event for me but doing it in 500% humidity is not so appealing. Thank goodness the sun wasn't shining. Really? I was thankful the sun WASN'T shining? Brutal winters and brutal summers. Minnesota is hard to love sometimes. But aren't we all?

I did have a good time hanging with my friend on the golf course for extended girl time. We golfed horribly, lost a lot of balls, got really stinky sweaty, but it was SO much fun. I know, its crazy, isn't it? And LB parred the last 2 holes and I mulligan parred the last one so now we think we like the game and might actually be able to conquer it so we'll play again on Thursday. That's even crazier.

Should I be worried that my 6 year old came up to me last night and in his most sarcastic, sassy voice asked, "Really mom? Really? You leave my room, tell me you'll be right back and then you don't come back? Really mom?" It's about the tone for me. Granted, he was absolutely right. I do this all the time. I say something but then I get distracted and often don't do what I said I was going to do. Women are supposed to be good at multi-tasking but I am not. Last night was all about the whole "what goes around comes around" thing because it was my sassy, sarcastic voice coming right back at me. Ouch!

However, my voice also came back to me in my 4 year old when he said to LB and I as we went off to golf, "Don't have too 'mut' fun 'witout' me, okay? And you two be good 'littners'." Now that's redemption. The good stuff coming right back 'atcha. I think I'll just hold onto that one. It will make me think I can conquer this mothering thing and I'll come back for another day.

Day 37 Life Lesson: What goes around comes around so be careful what you put out there.