Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Break Day 58

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. This describes my parenting of late.

Today, the worst of times.

I don't do clutter well. It sends me into a despicable rage that even embarrasses me. I try really hard to be okay with messes - "they're being creative, they're engaging their brain" - but then the fuse blows. Today the fuse blew loud and I am not proud. I quite possibly was the mommy heard 'round the world.

But, at the end of the day, a conversation with each son, a heartfelt apology, a hug and kiss and finally an eye to eye, " I love you" is what, hopefully, will be embraced. I can only hope that this best of times moment will linger with my three sons more than the worst of times moment. It's all I have, really, to keep me from calling it quits.

Day 58 Life Lesson: At the end of the day, make sure they know you love them.