Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Break Day 59



A new doctor. A rather daunting task. For me anyway. I hate looking for new healthcare providers. I'm hard to manage so it needs to be the right person. I'd rather jump off a bridge than go through this process.


So... today was the big day. My refills ran out and I had to take the plunge. I saw a man, yes, a man. Not my first choice but he was recommended to me by my last nurse practitioner. I mean, really, how can a man understand how crazy us women are? You know what I mean? We are a mess of hormone craziness - at least I am. And on top of that, my brain is extremely dysfunctional. It's depression, but I'd much rather say I have a shrinking hippocampus. It sounds so much more exciting, doesn't it? I mean, the word depression is so depressing. Clearly a depressed person came up with that word.


So, beyond the med refill, I discussed my tummy issues with the new doc. I understand that the stomach is a fickle being so my expectations were low going in. Because really, it could be one of a hundred things causing my stomach problems. It's okay, I get that.


Of the few causes he considered, one of them was gastritis. I responded, "Eww, I have to be careful what I eat if it's that, right?" He replied, "We discourage eating a lot of chocolate, blah blah blah." I heard nothing after chocolate. Nothing. REALLY? NO chocolate? I said, "NO chocolate? Are you kidding me? I may as well jump off a bridge. I can't believe Donna recommended you." He laughed. I didn't.


So I am trying some things for two weeks and then we will reassess. Wish me luck. Please, God, no gastritis.

On another, way more interesting note, the boys and I joined the Kennedys in taking Zane for a long walk. We went to the park and to Lakeview to see the tractors. The little boys thought it was pretty fun hanging out with Zane and the Kennedys. I know Cooper and Zane will miss each other this year but hopefully they will reconnect at the middle school.


Day 59 Life Lesson: Change is hard.