Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Break Day 57

New favorite thing - scootering around the lake.


Day 57 - 2 words - Praise God!

I am so excited for school to start. When I was an elementary student a million years ago I loved the first day of school. I am even more excited for the first day now that I can shoo the boys out the door and into the hands of their trusty teachers. I think I will set my clothes out for the first day at the bus stop. Yeah, I said MY clothes.

Granted, summer for the most part is really great. We go to bed late. (They still get up early.) No homework. No making lunches. No rushing out the door to the bus stop. No picking up kids from school. No after school meltdowns. BUT, I still look forward to sending them out the door come September.

Speaking of meltdowns, Coop has been an emotional wreck this week. Crying, whining, big frustrations over tiny things. I'm thinking this might be new school year anxiety. Lots of unknowns for him and that might be unsettling. Unfortunately, it comes out in a very toddlerish way.

So the countdown begins. 8 days until schools starts. As the song says, "Wake me when September ends."


Day 57 Life Lesson: Meltdowns are ugly at any age.