Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Break Day Eight

What a day! Hot water heater has been leaking water into our family room. I guess I figured out what that smell was. Brutal on the pocketbook. We had to rip up carpet, too. Yikes, I don't know how much more I can take. Trying to stay positive.
 
On another note, my dear friend Alice visited us today with DQ in hand. What a treat. She made my day. It was so wonderful to have a bright spot appear in what has been a tough few weeks. It's only been weeks, though, right? Anyway, it was fun chatting and catching up. She set Cooper to task creating an itinerary for the Fricks as they venture off for two weeks. He has been busy creating a detailed vacation plan including hotel prices, things to see, and specific routing. Wow! Good job, Coop! Hopefully, they will note that all times listed are central time, as noted by Cooper :-)
 
Yesterday was a super fun day even though Corey didn't get to spend much of it with us. Not much of a Father's Day for him which makes me very sad.
 
Day Eight Life Lesson: Focus on the fireworks.