Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Break Day Three

 
Okay, when does school start? I'm kidding. It's not that bad. Corey has been gone so it feels like a lot of single parenting. I don't know how single parents survive, especially since most have jobs outside of the home. They must be in a constant state of exhaustion and bewilderment.
 
Coop went to Lego Camp this morning and was beaming when I picked him up. A very good sign. It was great to meet Mr. Paulsen, his teacher in the fall. Tomorrow Coop tells me they will have computers available to program their lego robots or whatever they are designing. Wish I could go.
 
My day consisted of asking Kyle to stop whining and listening to him repeat the same question over and over to me. I don't remember the question but I recall that it was very annoying to be asked it 43 times. After I mowed the lawn, we ventured off with Gramps to Bartlett Lake to try fishing. After stopping at a gate and walking along a water-covered road we decided it wasn't going to happen. However, it was a nice walk. I took some photos, which proves I have learned the most important lesson in taking good pictures; have your camera with you ALWAYS.
 
Day Three Life Lesson: Don't walk around the puddles, splash your way through them.