Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Break Day Two


Can children be hoarders? Or maybe the question is, "Are ALL children hoarders"? And another question, does the closed quote go before or after the question mark? If Tina was reading this she would tell me. But since no one reads this I may have to look it up.

Back to "The Room". What is their deal, anyway? These cannot be my three sons because I did not model this for them. And if I clean it, they have this amazing power to trash it within minutes. I am not kidding, MINUTES! If there was a job where you could earn money for making messes they would be so stinkin' rich. The only joy I get from this disaster is when I watch them do a belly flop over a pile of cars or blankets or string or whatever.

Today we went to the Team Vogel lunch at Midtown. We had brats and hot dogs. These folks are so amazing. At such a young age they are taking something so horrific and making something so beautiful. Talk about paying it forward. Rachel and the whole Vogel family inspire me. I am so honored to know them and to have the opportunity to support them.

We also went to the library, the bank, Audio Designs, Target, Auntie Donna's House, the Park & Rec office and phew, that was enough.

Day Two Life Lesson: Stop and smell the roses or the coffee or anything, really, just STOP.