Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 15

It's hard to watch your kids fall flat on their face. I have to do this on a daily basis. Well, I don't have to and sometimes I don't but I think it's good to let your kids fail. At least that's what the experts say, and I would agree with them on this one. What the experts don't tell you is that it will be much more painful and inconvenient for you than it will be for your child. Case in point: Cooper the dawdler, I don't manage my time well, EVER, Hancock was allowed to fall on his face today. So, at 8:15 tonight when I wanted a quiet, peaceful, kid-free hour with Corey we were helping him finish his homework. Coop's brain shuts off about 6:30 at night. At 6:31 he cannot put a sentence together. This is a problem since every day he is required to write at least 5 sentences about a specific topic. Did he learn a lesson about time management? Probably not. Was it a pain in the butt for us? Yes. And so on we go.

Kyle is faking it. He is faking being sick so he can stay home from school. I am convinced. The real issue is not that he's faking it but WHY? The analyst, wanna-be child psychologist in me feels a need to figure it out. For now, I am a bit stumped but I will keep working on it.

Cameron is loving going to school. That feels so, so, so, so, good. Today I got to sub for Mrs Norton at preschool so we hung out together. He goes into helpless baby mode when I am there which makes me shun him. He doesn't care much for that. But all in all it was a good morning. I only got scolded once for being a bad influence on the kids. Hey, that's not bad when you consider the quality of the substitute.

Day 15 Life Lesson: Don't cry over spilled glue.