Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Part Two

Sunday, a day that I believe should never start out yucky. We have a lot of yucky Sunday mornings. Usually, when we are trying to get to church. Today was a dandy. Lots of yelling and meltdowns but enough about me.

I went downstairs to do the laundry and once again there was water coming up through our floor drain. I asked Corey to help me remove the linoleum because it was so moldy underneath it was making me gag. Before you know it we were emptying the laundry room, scraping and painting walls and cleaning and painting the floor. It was long overdue but I didn't expect it to just happen out of the blue one Sunday in September, you know what I mean?



Ah, but happen it did. We started at 9:30 (we were supposed to be in church) and got done at 5:30. Not the day I had anticipated but I am so thankful for Corey and all his hard work today. I had many Cinderella moments with him as I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees.


You can't really tell but the floor is that epoxy stuff that you sprinkle the white and black chips on. Very cool stuff. We worked hard but at least I didn't have to do laundry.


Speaking of laundry, I decided today that doing laundry is a lot like teaching.


1) Everyone thinks it's really easy.


2) It's a thankless job.


3) You don't do it for the money, you do it for the kids.


4) When the results aren't good, everyone blames you.


And finally...


5) Everyone thinks they know the best way to do it even though they have never done it and don't ever want to.