Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 4

TGIF - it's been a whirlwind of a first week. Is it summer yet :-) The boys had a great week. I am so thankful for that. As a mom, you just want to see your kids happy and I saw that this week. Phew!

Cam and I ran some errands in the morning and then he got to hang out with Gramsie and Gramps while I snuck away to Schubert Road in Trempealeau for lunch and golf with my golf buddy. It doesn't get much better than that. The weather was beautiful and the males at that place were so super nice to us. If you've ever golfed around men you know that sometimes they scoff at ladies golfing and they can be real donkeys. Well, not at the TCC. Wow, we felt like queens. They smiled, they conversed with us, the helped us out, they let us play through. It was a very pleasant experience. I might go back next week by myself. I am not at liberty to say how we did because I might end up in the river with cement sandals on. (Yeah, it was THAT bad.) But the company and weather were fabulous.

After golf, I made this amazing dinner. Corn on the cob, onion and cheese turkey burgers, roasted tomatoes to die for, veggies on the grill... oh man it was so good. Kyle was my sous chef. He peeled and cut the cukes and put them in the bowls. One with ranch, one without. While we were eating Kyle asked me how I learned to cook so good. I guess that's what happens when you actually cook something. Afterward we sat on our lakeside deck and watched the sun set while listening to the loons. Okay, not really, but it is Hancocks dream BIG, right?






Hmmm, could this be why they are tired in the morning? Notice Cam's cell phone on the bed next to him. Maybe he is texting the Tooth Fairy.




Day 4 Life Lesson: Even the worst day of golf is still better than doing laundry.