Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 2

The first day of school. Always good to see a smile. I think he had that coat on last year when I took the picture. Water bottle in hand. Good to go.


Kyle is smiling big. Phew! First day on the bus. I think Ky, like his big brother, may have had that sweatshirt on last year, too, on day one. I will have to do some investigative work. (I wonder if I can photoshop out clothes.) It's the same backpack but it doesn't look near as big as it did last year so we know he's getting taller but I think he's the same weight.


Coop at a different bus stop where he gets on a different bus that travels a different route to a different school. I don't know if the mom can take it. It's really great to see him smiling. He has a really great smile, doesn't he?



Kyle is off. He sat with his cousin Veronica on the bus. It warms my heart when cousins get along so well.





Speaking of cousins, Connor was at the bus stop at the end of the day with Gramsie and the littlest son. It was wonderful to have a welcome home committee.


One down, many more to go. Coop talked and talked about his day and all the newness. Some things he was really irritated by like the school bell that seems to ring quite a lot during lunch. Some things he loved like everything else. He will have homework every night, a parents' nightmare. Just one more thing to fight about. He made a list for himself of all the tasks he needs to accomplish in the evening. That's a good first step that will last about two days but good for him for trying.

And then there's Kyle. Our anxiety-ridden son. We are working hard on helping him conquer his long list of fears. We no longer take no for an answer but walk alongside him through his fear. I am so incredibly proud of him for doing what comes easily and naturally for most kids. Way to go, son! He didn't say much about his day which is not a bad thing. No news with Kyle is good news. Mrs. G. did say that he raised his hand a lot in class. I'm quite sure he knows it all :-)

Oh, Cameron. He woke up with his crabby pants on this morning. Darn it. We had a cranky start to the day but it got better when we got out of the house to run some errands. We made a snack mix today and as he was helping he dropped some of the candy on the floor. He commented that it was good that we didn't have any dogs otherwise they would get sick from eating all the candy off the floor. Must have been thinking about Roscoe.

So there it is. As this blog continues and the days run together, I'm sure I won't always have so much to say but I will do my best to say something.



Day 2 Life Lesson: It's okay to do it, even if you're afraid.