Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 19

Lessons. We learn them daily. As parents we also hope our children learn them. Sometimes the lesson doesn't get learned the first time, or even the 47th time. We'll still try our best to teach them.

This morning I returned home from my daily stroll to the bus stops to find Kyle's lunch on the counter. I must admit I was giddy with excitement. Today, by golly, Kyle was going to learn a lesson. You see, this mom does not deliver lunches, coats, backpacks, or any other forgotten objects to anyone's school. You forget your lunch, then you eat hot lunch. Simple as that. Well, you can imagine my excitement when I asked Kyle how his lunch was today (with a hidden smirk). His response went something like this, "Oh, it was really good. I can't wait until we have it again." Huh? Well, that didn't go like I'd hoped. Crap.

Day 19 Life Lesson: I forgot my lesson at home.