Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School Day 1 - Sort Of









Well, I am feeling pretty good about my summer blogging accomplishment. So good, that I am going to attempt to blog for the whole school year. Eeeks! So, here goes...


Last night Kyle struggled through tears, pain, parental pressure and lots of encouragement in order to get one of 4 loose teeth removed. I mean really, the tooth was hanging sideways. The other tooth was already in. It needed to come out. I told him either I would pull it out or he could. Well, he yanked that sucker out and you should have seen the smile on his face. We ran around the house screaming for joy. He went to bed content with his baggy under his pillow.


SO, you can imagine the mild coronary that I had at 6am this morning when I realized I forgot to take care of the tooth fairy business. HOLY CRAP! I believe I exclaimed that out loud with the deer in the headlights look on my face. I flew out of bed, ran to the kitchen, scarfed up Corey's wallet and grabbed a couple bucks. Phew!


As you can see by the picture above, all worked out to Kyle's satisfaction.


Cooper had orientation at his new school. He was a bit overwhelmed by all the walls and the sheer size of the building. His take on it all went something like this, "You know, at Goodview I couldn't ever say that I saw someone in the hall, because there are no walls there. It will be weird here at Jefferson to say that I saw someone in the hall." Oh, Cooper, I love you.


Kyle had a great time getting settled in his 1st grade space. He got to use the smart board and show off his missing tooth to Mrs. Gilliland.


It's a different sort of year. Two schools, two bus stops, two boys on their own. It's change, it's transition, what can I say, it's hard for me. Let's do it...


Day One Life Lesson: It takes a village...