Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 3

Uh, can it get any better than that? Maybe if you throw in a little bacon.


Scootering today at the lake just me and my mom. Life is good.

The foggy mornings are kind of Halloween-like. And moist. I walked Kyle to the bus stop and by the grace of God he got on the bus without a hitch. Whoopee! After trying to wake up the rest of the parents at the bus stop with my fine sense of early morning humor, I slimed my way to Cooper's stop where he was waiting with his cronies. He had much to say about the fog, the car lights, the stop lights that he couldn't see, etc... He is very chatty in the morning once he has an interested audience. So far the other kids are listening. They sort of have to.

Check this out. As bus driver Doug opened the door, he said, "Good Morning, Mrs. Hancock." Huh? What bus driver does that? He is seriously getting Bloedows and coffee real soon. I am so going up there even if it's dark and 6 degrees. He made my day.

Cam and I went to his preschool open house today. He loved it because I was there with him. I can't wait to see how Monday goes when I drop and run. Sorry Mrs. Norton.

We had fun scootering at the lake and playing at the park before we had to get back to meet the brothers. No wonder he doesn't want to go to preschool. We need to clean toilets for fun. Maybe then he will want to get away from me. Although he did tell me today, in his most disgusted voice, "You 'jut' don't get me Mom." Okay, I gotta tell you, I almost simultaneously peed my pants from holding in the laugh AND ran into a pole from the sheer shock of his statement. What the heck, does he not know he's 4? What exactly is there to get?

When Kyle got off the bus today he was cranky and tired. He had a war wound from the playground and wasn't happy about it. He said they move around A LOT in the classroom and it's very tiring. He informed me that I need to get him an energy band like Mrs. G. wears so he won't get tired. I told him the bracelet was for balance but he insisted it was for energy. Maybe it's because Mrs. G. never sits down. Maybe the band is injecting mountain dew into her system. It's a mystery he may keep trying to solve.

After dropping Cooper off at his piano lesson, I took the little brothers to Valencia to sign up for dance classes. Not only is Coop sticking with dance but the little brothers are going to revisit it by taking Tap and Jazz for Kids. Corey is struggling :-)

Day 3 Life Lesson: Try something new.