Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lake Kegonsa Weekend



What a fantastic weekend. We spent the whole day on Saturday (adults only) at this beautiful home on Lake Kegonsa in Stoughton, Wisconsin.


The men are fishing below off the dock while some of the ladies are on one of the decks enjoying a fire.

We surprised our friend Shannon with a baby shower in honor of her and Nate's first baby, Abigail, due in November. We had such a great time laughing and celebrating.


Natey, with one of two big northerns he caught. My dad was not happy since he usually catches the big ones. Way to go, Natey!

I had a lovely time chatting with Grandma Fern. 90 plus years and still going strong. It was so wonderful to talk with her about the boys. She introduced Cooper to the piano in St. Louis when he was just 3 years old. She was thrilled to hear that Coop was not only playing and taking lessons but also composing music.

The boys stayed home with the big-haired babysitter, Danielle. Dan is pretty famous for her hair. It's always tough to leave the boys behind. We don't do it very often so it feels weird to be without them. Fortunately, all went well in our absence and the boys didn't have Dan tied up when we returned.  I guess everyone, including Dan and her sister Gabby (my favorite godchild), were asleep by 8:30. Coop told me that he wanted Danielle to be his mom and asked if I could just be his part-time mom. What a great compliment to the super-sitter. I think that's a good sign. Great job ladies, thanks for taking good care of my three sons.